Monday, August 22, 2011

Do You Hear the People Sing?

I sure heard them sing! Singing the song of angry men! Friday night we went to see Les Miserables at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle. Ryan surprised me with tickets since I made it quite obvious that I really wanted to go to it. I wasn't really sure what to expect since it's a relatively small theater, I was kind of expecting a little local production. I was completely BLOWN AWAY! It was amazing! Of course I'm sure it helped that I am slightly enamoured by this musical to begin with. I am always just so stunned by how great all of the songs are and the story and the sets. The performers were really perfect for each character and it sounded just like the Broadway soundtrack on my ipod ;) I think having a smaller stage made it that much better too. There were great stage sets that just filled the entire stage and they moved them seamlessly from one act tot he next. I had such a great time and it was quite possibly the greatest musical performance I have ever seen!

Saturday it was a beautiful day in Seattle! Mid 80s and perfectly sunny, so we were planning to take the dogs for a swim at Discovery Park. We made it to the park and up one hill before Tara hurt her little toe and didn't seem to be too motivated to go much further, so we stopped and took some fun pictures in a field and turned around and headed back down the hill to the car. My poor little old lady. I'm a little nervous about her little toe though, it's looking a little too similar to how her last toe injury started out with a loose toe nail and ended up with a toe amputation. Hopefully I can get her into the vet this week so they can make it all better. I can't wait till she can move into the house and wander around the yard as slowly as she wants to her little hearts content. In the mean time, here's a few pretty pictures that we got!
Just a few more days till home ownership! We should be closing on Friday and starting renovations that weekend. We already ordered most of our kitchen (cabinets and appliances) and they'll begin to be delivered on Saturday, so we can start tearing out all of the existing stuff and the carpets. Hopefully we'll have a construction crew in their starting next week to do all the major stuff and get the ball rolling so we can move in! I'm sure I'll be taking lots and lots of pictures. I can't wait to do a before and after comparison!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Les Mis, in a small theater. How awesome! I hope Ryan enjoyed it as much as we all do.
-Dad