This may be one of my all time favorite things I have ever made, Jalapeño Cornbread Whoopie Pies with Honey Buttercream filling. It's just like delicious cornbread shmeared with butter and honey except it comes all wrapped up in one little sandwich all ready to be enjoyed! I've tried several whoopie pies before, most of which were adapted from cupcake recipes, but this was my first stab at a somewhat more savory flavor and I'd say it's a huge hit. I'll definitely be trying out a few more savories in the future. This one had just the right punch of spice from the jalapeños contrasted with the sweet honey buttercream...AMAZING! I got the recipe from here. The only thing I changed was using about 4 times as much honey to make sure I achieved that delicious cornbread with honey taste.
I can't wait to have a pretty white kitchen to take better food pictures in! And it'll be much much bigger. 2 more weeks till home ownership!

No comments:
Post a Comment