Monday, August 8, 2011

Seattle Wedding Weekend

This weekend one of Ryan's co-workers got hitched! They had actually been engaged long before we were and finally tied the knot. It was nice to actually go to a wedding right downtown Seattle. We could have easliy walked to it, but decided to drive a little closer since I was in heels and Ryan was in a suit and we didn't want to be tromping around the city in our nice clothes. The groom's family owns a winery over in Eastern Washington, so they donated all the delicious wine for the event. Even before the wedding started they filled us up with their wine. I think this was the first wedding I've been to where I've been sipping the wine during the ceremony. Our little place cards were also little bottles of home made limoncello which was super cute, and they had home brewed beer with labels that had their cute little puggle's face on it. There were a lot of super cute little personolized touches to everything. The cake was actually made by one of the other firm partners' wife who has a little training in culinary fields. It was delicious and super pretty! I would love to be able to bake like that some day. Really I just need a reason to bake a big cake like that so I can practice! The wedding was a ton of fun and I think the couple was super pumped to have it over with and get to be married finally.


Rachel Lake Hike
Another fun surprise for me Sunday night...The Pioneer Woman picked another one of my photos as a semi finalist in her photography contests! This time the theme was black and white photos. I submitted a few different ones, but the one she chose was this one of Ryan's little brother, Aaron, during a hike we did last summer. I guess the pioneer woman just likes little brothers since those are the ones she keeps picking of mine, good things I have such cute ones! You can see the post with my photo here. If I keep this up, maybe I'll even win someday! Even just making it to the final round of picks I think I would win a prize and she gives out some pretty awesome prizes. I'm having fun just seeing my photos pop up on her blog for now though, it's pretty awesome!

No comments: