Monday, February 20, 2012

One Year Down; A Lifetime To Go!

This weekend was our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't believe it's already been a year! It has definitely been quite an adventure this first year and I can't wait to see what the next year holds. Since this was also a holiday weekend (President's day) we decided to celebrate with a little weekend trip to the other side of the mountains. We headed out Saturday morning to end up in Cle Elum where we were staying in a fun little winter resort. We had rented cross country skiis before we left Seattle, so we took a couple of hours to ski along some of the resort's trails. It was so much fun! I think we're convinced that a new set of skiis will be in our near future. 
It was pretty snowy and cold by the time were were done with our first little ski trip so we warmed up in our room and headed out to the spa. They had some fabulous outdoor salt baths for us to relax in! It was still snowing, so it was really fun to be sitting in a hot salt bath while having snow fall on your face. By that time it was dark too so it was just lit by a big fire at the front of the little pool.
Sunday was our official anniversary...yay! After checking out of the resort we headed further east to Quincy, WA where our main destination was Cave B winery on the Columbia River. It was a gorgeous location, and the wine wasn't too shabby either ;) In fact it was good enough for us to join their wine club!! We were convinced because the February shipment (which we got to take home with us) had a special member's only wine that we could only get if we joined. We got to taste a little bit of it and it was good enough to make us want to join! While we were there with the beautiful scenery, we also got our 1 year anniversary photo. I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it! So each year we'll plan on taking a photo with our photo from the year before wherever we are for that anniversary. So this year we took a photo with our wedding photo at the Cave B winery overlooking the Columbia River! Now we have a tradition to keep up for next year too!
After our wine tasting we continued onto Lake Chelan for the night which was dark by the time we got there so we just wandered around the town for the night. In the morning we got some spectacular views from our hotel over the lake. It was so beautiful. I can definitely tell why it would be a hot spot in the summertime for lake activities. 

We were just staying there for the night to check it out and headed out in the morning towards home with a little stop off in Leavenworth for some more cross country skiing. Again, we are totally sold on this sport and can't wait to do some more!
This was a great weekend to celebrate a great first year of marriage. I still can't believe I've been lucky enough to be married to such an amazing man for a year now. I love him even more now than I did when I said 'I do'. That's such an awesome feeling. I can't wait to see what kind of adventures we get into in the following years. Never a dull moment with this man ;)

No comments: