We finally made it up to Whistler for a little fun in the snow. I can't believe it's taken us this long to make it up there and now that we went, we're definitely hooked! It was so much fun! We got up there late Wednesday night and did most of the fun on Thursday. It was a perfect day, sunny skies, and not many people on the mountains since it was a weekday. We spent the whole day snowboarding, and the mountain was amazing. There were so many runs from the very top that we went all the way up there and it took a good amount of time to get all the way back down. I love that, being able to spend so much more time riding down the mountain than riding the lifts up it.
For some reason after about 6 hours of snowboarding, we though it was a great idea to do some night cross country skiing. As I mentioned before we're pretty sold on that sport as well, so we ended up getting our own skis before this trip. It's perfect timing since all of the end of season sales are going on now. We have a couple more cross country ski adventures planned in the next few weeks too. We ended up getting the skate skis, which are a little more difficult than the classic skis that we had rented the last time. It was an interesting time trying to figure them out, and maybe not the best idea after snowboarding all day. Needless to say we (and especially I) were really sore the next day! In fact, I was too sore to really try to do much of anything the next day. It wasn't that great of a day out either, so I passed up the mountain while Ryan gave it another go.
1 comment:
I'm glad you enjoyed the cold and snow. I'm glad I didn't!
-Dad
Post a Comment