
Last weekend we did our stair climb that I mentioned a few posts back! When we first signed up I was a little nervous having never done something like that before. The first few weeks I tried to do a little training on that stairmaster at the gym. That made me even more nervous...that machine is tough! Turns out it's actually tougher than the real thing! I had no idea what kind of time I could get or how to pace myself on something like that. The stairwells were really small too so it was tough trying to pass people which we had to do quite a bit of since we were actually trying to get decent times. In the end I made it up the 1311 steps in just over 13 minutes. Ryan finished in about 12.5 minutes. Both of us got to the top thinking we probably could have pushed a little harder for better times and weren't really even all that pooped. I think it was a pretty good first try though, maybe we'll do it again next year and do even better!
We signed up for the event with two of my favorite middle school buddies, Sarah and Leigha. Photos are courtesy of Leigha's iPhone, thanks! I think we all had a great time and I'm so proud of everyone for finishing it! Go team!
No comments:
Post a Comment