I like to shop, big surprise, right? For the past 6 months or so I've been on the hunt for a cute pair of grey booties (ankle height boots). Unfortunately, or probably fortunately, I also like a good deal and find it difficult to purchase something without one. After much searching for my grey booties in the fall I had all but given up on finding them at a reasonable price. A week or so ago I was browsing on Old Navy for some cute dresses since Old Navy is almost always a hit for a good deal. The Old Navy website is also connected to the Gap, Banana Republic, and Piperlime websites so I browsed through those as well, mostly looking at the clearance items for a steal! The front page of the Piperlime shoe clearance happened to show a little bootie on it, so I figured I'd give my search a go again and typed in grey ankle height boot. A few items popped up including a super cute one for a great price, yay! Better yet, they were only available in 2 sizes, 5.5 and 9.5 and I'm a 9.5!! I was sold and finally made my purchase of my little grey bootie happening to also get an additional 20% off online purchases that day and free shipping! Could I be any more excited?!?
My purchase finally showed up on my doorstep when I got home from work Wednesday night. I busted open the box and loved what I saw! With great restraint I decided to put the shoes down and wait until I finished my run for the night before trying them on...it sounded like a good incentive for a quick run. Unfortunately by the time I get home from work and ready to run it's already dark outside, but I strapped Ben into his little harness and we went for it. All was going well until about 2 miles into my run when in the dark and along the uneven sidewalks of Queen Anne I completely wiped out. I must have jammed my toe into an uneven break in the sidewalk and flattened myself out on the sidewalk right in front of a couple getting out of their car, how embarrassing! They kindly offered me help as I tried to shake it off and keep going. Immediately my toe began to throb and both my knees stung. I am super grateful that it was a little chilly out so I at least had running tights on and gloves to protect my hands. I tried to shake it off and run another mile to get back home. At this time I assessed the damage finding out that my toe had already began swelling and after I took my shoes off and relaxed I could hardly move it anymore. I also had 2 rather bloody knees that had bled through my tights. After a quick shower and bandaging up I returned to my shoes, still super cute. I tried to put them on and what a tease?!? By that time my toe was far too swollen and stiff to be shoved into 4 inch heels...UGH!!! Not only was I in large amounts of pain, but I couldn't even wear the shoes I had been waiting on for a week!
[this is actually on Sunday, 4 days after my fall, so not nearly as bad as it started out...I figured I'd spare you that scene]
I spent the rest of the week (other than working) icing and stretching out my toe until I was finally able to move it enough to run again on Saturday. After that and with a small amount of pain I was able to put my shoes on. Perfection. I love them. Not only are they exactly what I was looking for visually, but they're actually incredibly comfortable too. It was tough having to wait a few days to slip those babies on, but well worth the wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment