So the parents came into town! Mom and Dad drove up from SF after visiting all my siblings there. I convinced them to stop at Crater Lake on the way, which is something I've been wanting to do for a loooong time! Someday... The dropped off their rental car at the airport where we picked them up last Wednesday night and brought them home to a night of grilling at the house! Unfortunately I had to work on Thursday...and it rained most of the day, so mom and dad hung out at the house most of the day waiting for us to get home. I did, however, take Friday off of work, so that's when the real fun began! Ryan still had to work, so mom, dad, Ben, and I spent the morning wandering through discovery park and enjoying the sunshine.
We met up with Ryan for a delicious Mexican lunch where mom and I stuck around and rented kayaks for a few hours. Yes, the Mexican restaurant rents kayaks...that is awesome. It was such a perfect day for being on the water, and it was great exercise too paddling around the lake for a few hours!
We headed home after kayaking and waited for Ryan to get back from work. The evening was spent walking around the neighborhood, getting some good views, seeing a house Ryan designed, and some delicious pizza and wine. I love being able to walk everywhere on a nice summer night!
Saturday was game day! Being home for the Auburn game was a bit of a priority, so we just went out for a little brunch and a walk around greenlake to get some fresh air before heading home to catch the afternoon game. We won.
Unfortunately mom and dad had to head home early Sunday morning. We spent the rest of the weekend doing a little yard work, relaxing, and watching a lot of 'Homeland'. Have you seen it? We're hooked at the moment. It's a lot easier for me to get into a show when I can watch several episodes in a row...which we did...several times...

No comments:
Post a Comment