I am so happy to have gotten this Saturday over with! I've been studying for several weeks now for the LEED test (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). If you pass the test you become a LEED AP (Accredited Professional) and can write that certification on your resume or after your name to sound cooler. A lot of architects are now trying to have their buildings LEED certified, and it's really helpful for them to have a certified LEED AP in their firm to help with the building certification. I think at some point it's going to be more or less mandatory for architects to be LEED AP or at least have some in their firm, so it was really good to get this test out of the way. They are changing the format of the test in a couple of weeks, which is mostly why I wanted to get it done now. We took the test Saturday morning, and both Ryan and I passed. It felt soooo good to get that done, and throw out all of our study materials and forget everything that we learned in the last few weeks! Since we've missed out on doing things and enjoying the beautiful weather the last few weekends that we've been studying, we spent the afternoon at the zoo (I had a coupon). It was so relaxing knowing that I didn't have anything else (i.e.. studying) that I should have been doing all day.
Saturday night we joined one of the guys that Ryan works with and his neighbors and friends on a little bicycle bar crawl through Georgetown. Since I haven't gotten a bike yet (I have been trying hard to find a good one that I can afford) I was luckily able to borrow an extra bike from one of the neighbors. Unfortunately it was a little too tall for me, so I was a little shakey on it all night. I made it though, and it was a lot of fun to check out several little bars around Georgetown. Next time hopefully I can bring my own bike!
Sunday was even more relaxing since there was really nothing at all on the schedule to do! We went to see 'The Hangover'. It was pretty darn amusing!
Now I have two days of work till I head out to Washington DC for the rest of the week and weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment