Not only is my puppy old, but she's also an invalid now. Tara broke a nail. I know it's sounds terribly tragic, but it actually ended up being quite an ordeal. At first she just started out limping and I tried to figure out if there was something stuck in her foot. After a week or so, the crack in her nail, which was right at the base, started getting much bigger. About a week ago the nail looked like it was about to fall off and started bleeding a little bit too. I took her to the vet and they ripped what was left of the nail off. She was soooo good at the vet and didn't flinch and all or cry. They vet wrapped up her little foot in bandages so she looked like she had a little sock on. It's been almost a week now, and the bandage has since been removed and she's been on antibiotics all week, but the toe is still looking a little nasty. So I think I'll try to take her back to the vet for a check up to make sure it's not infected and going to make her whole foot fall off. Poor baby is so pitiful, and I wish I could make it all better!
No comments:
Post a Comment