Sooo...I like to bake a lot, but I have a tendency to lean towards recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth without satisfying my daily health requirements. So this weekend was a little attempt to rectify that! First were some fabulous whole wheat strawberry banana mini muffins. They are so cute in their little bite sized forms! They're also guilt free and super delicious. Later that day I also made some low fat peach frozen yogurt in my new ice cream maker. I am a big fan of this little device and am thrilled at how easy it is to make fabulous low fat treats with it! I can't wait to try out some more fun recipes.
Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins:
Ingredients
Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 large muffin cups (I used mini muffin tins), or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; Stir into the banana mixture until moistened. Stir in the strawberries until evenly distributed. Spoon batter into muffin cups until completely filled.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. (I did it a little shorter since they were mini muffins) Cool before removing from the muffin tins.
1 comment:
Yum! I want some!!
Post a Comment