This weekend was attempt number 2 for snowboarding! Before we went this time we stopped by REI to shop for some helmets. Although I'm pretty sure I won't be going fast enough to have any serious injuries anytime soon, I suppose you can never be too carefull. After seeing the prices of most of the helmets, I was about to decide that it wasn't worth it when the sales lady came over and suggested that I check out the childres' helmets because I look like a have a very round head. I tried one on and to my suprise it actually felt like it fit better than the adult ones...aaaaand it was about a third of the price of them! Yay for being thrifty! On a side note, this is the second time that someone has told me that I have a very round head when first meeting me. I was not aware that that was such a noticable feature of my appearance!
Sunday we went down to Crystal Mountain again. The snow was waaaaaay better this time. The last time we went it was a little warm so the snow was pretty slushy. This time there was a nice layer of fresh snow and it actually started snowing a lot more as the day went on. Although I still had plenty of wipe outs, I felt a lot better about this snowboarding trip. It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to give it another try soon :)
1 comment:
Well, I certainly don't get the 'round head' comment. I am glad about the helmet. A live and healthy Pamela, is the best kind!
Post a Comment